Association of Professional Genealogists Call for Papers
Professional Management Conference (PMC)
sponsored by the
Association of Professional Genealogists
15 August 2007
Fort Wayne, Indiana
in conjunction with
Federation of Genealogical Societies’ Conference
Deadline for Submission: 15 January 2006
Lecture proposals for the 2007 Professional Management Conference are now being accepted. The theme for the conference, Rev it Up!, encourages all members of the genealogical profession to look at ways to improve their skills.
- Challenge genealogical professionals to think outside the box
- Help professionals evaluate and review their current business
- Encourage professionals to meet the demands of the twenty-first-century client
Lectures must be new, original, and on topics relevant to professional genealogists, but do not need to be specifically genealogical. Presentations from other professional fields that would benefit professional genealogists will be considered. Lectures will be one hour, including questions; however, consideration will be given to longer or interactive presentations.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org either in Microsoft Word or PDF format and should include the following:
- Name, address, telephone, fax, and e-mail address of speaker
- Title of the presentation
- Detailed description of the presentation
- Short one-sentence summary for the program brochure
- Short one-sentence biography for the program brochure
- Biography of 150 words for publicity and PMC syllabus
- Audio visual requirements
- Recent lectures given
Honorarium is $400 for a one-hour lecture and $650 for a two-hour workshop.